This guide shows how to level Tailoring from 1 to 600 in the cheapest and most trouble-free manner. This guide is updated for World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria.
Tailoring is a primary profession that allows players to craft a variety of Cloth armor. Tailors can also create Cloaks, Bags, enhancements and other miscellaneous items.
It is assumed that you benefit from Rank 2 of the Working Overtime perk, which increases the chance to gain a skill increase on tradeskills by 20%.
Vendor goods such as threads and dyes are not included in the shopping list. These can be purchased from any trade goods vendor.
- Pattern: Netherweave Robe
- 120 x Linen Cloth
- 135 x Wool Cloth
- 560 x Silk Cloth
- 340 x Mageweave Cloth
- 600 x Runecloth
- 750 x Netherweave Cloth
- 10 x Knothide Leather
- 1575 x Frostweave Cloth
- 180 x Infinite Dust
- 880 x Embersilk Cloth
- 440 x Windwool Cloth
- 1 x Spirit of Harmony
- Learn Tailoring Apprentice.
- 1-45: 60 x Bolt of Linen Cloth: 2 x Linen Cloth
- 45-60: 15 x Heavy Linen Gloves: 2 x Bolt of Linen Cloth
- 60-75: 15 x Reinforced Linen Cape: 2 x Bolt of Linen Cloth
- You may need slightly more Linen Cloth in the above steps, depending on your luck.
- Learn Tailoring Journeyman.
- 75-100: 45 x Bolt of Woolen Cloth: 3 x Wool Cloth
- 100-110: 10 x Woolen Cape: 1 x Bolt of Woolen Cloth
- 110-120: 10 x Gray Woolen Shirt: 2 x Bolt of Woolen Cloth
- 120-125: 5 x Double-Stitched Woolen Shoulders: 3 x Bolt of Woolen Cloth
- You may need slightly more Wool Cloth in the above steps, depending on your luck.
- Learn Tailoring Expert.
- The following step requires a pretty hefty amount of Silk Cloth, which may be expensive at times. Consider stockpiling cheap Silk Cloth before doing this stretch.
- 125-145: 140 x Bolt of Silk Cloth: 4 x Silk Cloth
145-160: 15 x Azure Silk Hood: 3 x Bolt of Silk Cloth
Alliance players can also craft Bright Yellow Shirt to 150 if the recipe is available at your AH (or if you feel like making the trip to Danielle Zipstitch in Duskwood).
160-170: 10 x Silk Headband: 3 x Bolt of Silk Cloth
You can also make Dark Silk Shirt to 170 if the recipe is available at the AH, or if you don't mind the trip to Duskwood or Hillsbrad (Mallen Swain for Horde, Sheri Zipstitch for Alliance).
- 170-175: 5 x Formal White Shirt: 3 x Bolt of Silk Cloth
- 175-185: 85 x Bolt of Mageweave: 4 x Mageweave Cloth
- 185-195: 10 x Crimson Silk Vest: 4 x Bolt of Silk Cloth
- 195-205: 10 x Crimson Silk Pantaloons: 4 x Bolt of Silk Cloth
- Learn Tailoring Artisan.
- 205-215: 10 x Black Mageweave Leggings: 2 x Bolt of Mageweave
- 215-225: 10 x Orange Mageweave Shirt: Bolt of Mageweave
- 225-245: 20 x Black Mageweave Gloves: 2 x Bolt of Mageweave
- 245-250: 5 x Black Mageweave Headband: 3 x Bolt of Mageweave
- 250-260: All x Bolt of Runecloth: 4 x Runecloth
- 260-285: 25 x Runecloth Belt: 3 x Bolt of Runecloth
- 285-300: 15 x Runecloth Gloves: 5 x Bolt of Runecloth
- Learn Tailoring Master.
- 300-325: 150 x Bolt of Netherweave: 5 x Netherweave
- 325-330: 5 x Netherweave Bag: 4 x Bolt of Netherweave
- 330-340: 10 x Netherweave Pants: 6 x Bolt of Netherweave
- 340-345: 5 x Netherweave Boots: 6 x Bolt of Netherweave | 2 x Knothide Leather
345-350: 5 x Netherweave Robe or Netherweave Tunic: 8 x Bolt of Netherweave
The recipes for these are quite common at the Auction House. Otherwise you can find them in Exodar, Shattrath and Silvermoon City. Both are sold by the same NPCs: Pattern: Netherweave Robe.
- The following step requires a pretty hefty amount of Frostweave Cloth, which may be expensive at times. Consider stockpiling cheap Frostweave before doing this stretch.
- Learn Tailoring Grandmaster.
- 350-375: 315 x Bolt of Frostweave: 5 x Frostweave Cloth
- 375-390: 15 x Frostwoven Belt: 3 x Bolt of Frostweave
- 390-400: 10 x Frostwoven Cowl: 5 x Bolt of Frostweave
400-405: 90 x Bolt of Imbued Frostweave: 2 x Bolt of Frostweave | 2 x Infinite Dust
This step may feel unnecessarily expensive, but you will use the Imbued Frostweave to make bags later on, which are very easy to profit from at the Auction House.
- 405-410: 5 x Duskweave Wristwraps: 8 x Bolt of Frostweave
- 410-425: 15 x Frostweave Bag: 6 x Bolt of Imbued Frostweave
- Learn Tailoring Illustrious Grandmaster.
- 425-450: 176 x Bolt of Embersilk Cloth: 5 x Embersilk Cloth
- 450-460: 10 x Deathsilk Belt: 2 x Bolt of Embersilk Cloth
- 460-465: 5 x Deathsilk Leggings: 3 x Bolt of Embersilk Cloth
- 460-475: 10 x Deathsilk Cowl: 3 x Bolt of Embersilk Cloth
- 475-480: 5 x Spiritmend Boots: 4 x Bolt of Embersilk Cloth
- 480-484: 10 x Spiritmend Gloves: 4 x Bolt of Embersilk Cloth
- 484-494: 2 x Embersilk Bag: 15 x Bolt of Embersilk Cloth | 15 x Hypnotic Dust
- 494-500: 6 x Spiritmend Robe: 6 x Bolt of Embersilk Cloth
- Learn Tailoring Zen Master.
- 500-535: 88 x Bolt of Windwool Cloth: 5 x Windwool Cloth
- 535-547: 4 x Windwool Gloves: 4 x Bolt of Windwool Cloth
- 547-553: 3 x Windwool Boots: 4 x Bolt of Windwool Cloth
- 553-561: 2 x Windwool Pants: 5 x Bolt of Windwool Cloth
- 561-577: 4 x Windwool Hood: 5 x Bolt of Windwool Cloth
- 577-600: Now is the time to make use of the Spirits of Harmony you earned while leveling up. You can purchase several recipes for 1 Spirit of Harmony in the Shrine of Seven Stars or Shrine of Two Moons off Raishen the Needle (Alliance) or Esha the Loommaiden (Horde). You can reach both cities by mage portal, otherwise you must quest through Pandaria first. These pieces cost 3, 4 or 5 Bolts of Windwool Cloth, depending on which you pick. The more expensive ones give more points per craft. I recommend the crafts that require 5 Bolts, as they are cheaper per level. You will need 30 Bolts for this step.