Tailoring Leveling Guide 1-600
22 March 2013
Last Updated on 04 October 2013
This guide shows how to level Tailoring from 1 to 600 in the cheapest and most trouble-free manner. This guide is updated for World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria.
Tailoring is a primary profession that allows players to craft a variety of Cloth armor. Tailors can also create Cloaks, Bags, enhancements and other miscellaneous items.
It is assumed that you benefit from Rank 2 of the Working Overtime perk, which increases the chance to gain a skill increase on tradeskills by 20%.
Vendor goods such as threads and dyes are not included in the shopping list. These can be purchased from any trade goods vendor.
- The following step requires a pretty hefty amount of Frostweave Cloth, which may be expensive at times. Consider stockpiling cheap Frostweave before doing this stretch.
- Learn Tailoring Grandmaster.
- 350-375: 315 x [Bolt of Frostweave]: 5 x Frostweave Cloth
- 375-390: 15 x [Frostwoven Belt]: 3 x Bolt of Frostweave
- 390-400: 10 x [Frostwoven Cowl]: 5 x Bolt of Frostweave
- 400-405: 90 x [Bolt of Imbued Frostweave]: 2 x Bolt of Frostweave | 2 x Infinite Dust
This step may feel unnecessarily expensive, but you will use the Imbued Frostweave to make bags later on, which are very easy to profit from at the Auction House.
- 405-410: 5 x [Duskweave Wristwraps]: 8 x Bolt of Frostweave
- 410-425: 15 x [Frostweave Bag]: 6 x Bolt of Imbued Frostweave
- Learn Tailoring Zen Master.
- 500-535: 88 x [Bolt of Windwool Cloth]: 5 x Windwool Cloth
- 535-547: 4 x [Windwool Gloves]: 4 x Bolt of Windwool Cloth
- 547-553: 3 x [Windwool Boots]: 4 x Bolt of Windwool Cloth
- 553-561: 2 x [Windwool Pants]: 5 x Bolt of Windwool Cloth
- 561-577: 4 x [Windwool Hood]: 5 x Bolt of Windwool Cloth
- 577-600: Now is the time to make use of the Spirits of Harmony you earned while leveling up. You can purchase several recipes for 1 Spirit of Harmony in the Shrine of Seven Stars or Shrine of Two Moons off Esha The Loommaiden (Alliance) or Esha The Loommaiden (Horde). You can reach both cities by mage portal, otherwise you must quest through Pandaria first. These pieces cost 3, 4 or 5 Bolts of Windwool Cloth, depending on which you pick. The more expensive ones give more points per craft. I recommend the crafts that require 5 Bolts, as they are cheaper per level. You will need 30 Bolts for this step.